Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week 9: Five of Clubs

Now here's a goal I kept the week I was supposed to!  Why am I writing about it, and the subsequent weeks, so late?  Well, I was a little ashamed that I fell off the wagon so to speak.  Also, I didn't want things to get out of order in the blog timeline.  And there you have it.

I mentioned that I didn't go to Adler Planetarium the week of this goal because I had midterms to study for... which I did.  The mani-pedi card was pulled though and I figured I could step away from the books for a few minutes to get ready for spring :)

Chloe told me that some of the nail places around us had deals for combos on Mondays and Tuesdays.  So on Tuesday after class, and after walking sweet Isis, I headed to Pinky's - a nail place right at the end of my street!   Perhaps I bent the truth a little when I said I kept this goal.  I kept part of it.  I got a pedicure but couldn't bear to spend money on a manicure when I'd spent all weekend studying while chewing my nails.  I really couldn't bear to spend money on a pedicure either, but figured it's a treat, I have a little job now, and I have to 'cause it's on the card!  Plus, even though it was just the start of March and still freezing, I knew warmer weather (and flip-flops!) were right around the corner.  At the date that I'm writing this... 6 weeks after I got the pedicure, I have yet to wear sandals.  It's still cold.  But little green buds have started to sprout on the trees outside my window ... so warmer weather is now right around the corner... right?

(I actually love the chilly weather and don't mind it sticking around so long!)


No comments:

Post a Comment